2007-04-02

Political Vacation

Part of the reason I haven't been blogging much recently is that (other than the fact that I've been crazy busy and have had a lot going on in my life) is that I've been taking (or trying to) a vacation from politics. This is something I recommend to most people not actually involved with politics - reading the news and various commentary and so on can really increase your stress, and if you're like me there's not much you can do anyway ("call your senator" - suuuuure) so why submit yourself to that? It's of course important to stay involved and aware in general, but every once in a while it's important to just take a break. The key is to actually re-engage, eventually - a democracy needs an involved populace. But by all means, take a break from all the craziness every once in a while. The various scandals and outrages will be there when you get back. I promise.

--YY

No comments: