2006-07-14

Terror in Mumbai

A friend of mine (originally from India) sent me this last night:

Dear friends,

This is a MUST do thing not only for every Indian but everyone on my
list who believes terrorism is not a solution to anything.
Kindly follow the link. An Indian media house has officially declared
to donate one rupee per entry on following link to the funds for
support to Mumbai tragedy victims.

http://clients.ibnlive.com/features/mumatt/index.php

I'm not sure I would go this route for supporting victims in India... I'd rather donate something directly than give my e-mail address to a third party for them to donate a rupee. There's just something fishy about that. Does anyone know of any charities helping out in India? Does the Indian government provide financial support to the victims?

--YY

No comments: