2006-09-14

Ummmm I Don't Think They Like It...

I'm not sure I've ever seen this before: The movie "Broken Bridges", starring country musician Toby Keith, got 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. The entire gamut of film critics, from all corners of the MSM and the web, have all unanimously and independently agreed that this movie sucks. Even the worst toxic waste is usually supported by one or two rogue critics from who-knows-where who see something positive in the movie. Not this one, though. I have to say I'm impressed - it's hard to make a movie that bad. Way to go, Keith!

--YY

p.s. Just read some of the titles of the songs from Keith's 2003 album "Shock n' Y'all". Or these lyrics from "American Soldier":
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American,
An American,
An American Soldier

Of course, Keith himself never was in the army "doing what's right", let alone "on the front lines". What a dickwad.

No comments: